Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Day 2

Worked on continental method of knitting last evening. I love the 365 Knitting Stitches A Year Perpetual Calendar because it inspires me anew each day. Yesterday was "pennant stitch" which I tried out with some Kokon blend yarn in an orangey colorway. My knitting is not as tight in continental, so I'm working to find a happy medium.

All this to get back to the Inishmore sweater I began May 16 along with Wendy. You see, Wendy's the one who got me interested in going beyond the novelty yarn scarves and now I'm attempting my first garment, albeit one full of cabling (never done before) and other neat stitches. Wendy and her friend L-B challenged each other to knit the Inishmore in a speed challenge - whilst living their normal lives of work and "life". They raised over $3,300 for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation by holding a raffle for a completed sweater and other goodies donated by various readers and fans.

Off to knit a bit then to work!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home