Saturday, April 12, 2008

Beyond Leap Day

I had a great post all drafted up and it was waiting on pictures. Honest I did. I had waxed on poetic about Leap Day and what I did to celebrate. Alas, the draft was lost. It's just as well, since I just took pictures two days ago and will attempt to get them posted herein.

Enough Drivel . . . On To Knitting !
I seem to be enjoying adding sock yarns to my stash and starting new socks over and over and over again. Not re-starting socks, oh no. Starting a new sock, then, "uhhhhh I see a NEW sock yarn, I think I'll start another sock!" I also started a lace shawl with Jade Sapphire 2-ply Mongolian Cashmere.















Socks That Rock
The yarn, not the reality. I finally ordered yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts, along with the book about Fair Isle knitting. When I awoke at 3:30 this morning, it was finally time to look at the book and I was mesmerized by the possibilities described in the book. I only purchased two skeins, one lightweight and the other mediumweight. After reading the patterns, I see I'll soon be making another yarn purchase soon!

Jewel of the Nile colorway:














Rolling Stone colorway
















Yarn and the books:















SockPixie
I also received a lovely Merino of the color Madame Delmas today. Just look at its loveliness:















Crocheting, by a knitter?!
For some bizarre reason, after seeing a free pattern on Louet's North America website, I felt compelled to purchase the Euroflax yarn and crochet a mesh bag. The name of the pattern is EuroBag. I was amazed by the relative ease it took to complete it and look forward to making some bags for friends to carry their knitting books in (since anything the size of a half dollar or smaller would slip right out. I may have to line the bag in order to carry knitting ... or just use it to go to the pool this summer.










Audiobooks and Knitting And work, actually. I recently listened to Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People while I was at work on a Saturday afternoon. The book is 7.5 hours in length and I actually heard all but the last 20 minutes. It was 11:00 p.m., though and I had to go home so I finished it the next Monday. I've enjoyed Jimmy Carter's Peace and Palenstine, Bruce McLaren's Everything Must Change, Barack Obama's Dreams of My Father, and The Audacity of Hope. The 60-Second Procrastinator was good to listen to, but I think I need to listen about 20 more times to really hear it since I'm usually working when I listen.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home