Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let Me Sum Up

You know that part from The Princess Bride after Westley has been brought back from near-death as follows(?) :

Inigo: (to Fezzik) Tilt his head back. Open his mouth.

Fezzik: How long do we have to wait before we know if the miracle works?

[Inigo forces the "miracle pill" into Westley's mouth]

Inigo: Your guess is as good as mine

Westley: [Suddenly] I'll beat you at your part, I'll take you both together

Fezzik: [matter-of-factly] I guess not very long.

Westley: Why won't my arms move?

Fezzik: You've been mostly dead all day.

Inigo: We had Miracle Max make a pill to bring you back.

Westley: (rapidly) Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where's Buttercup?

Inigo: Let me 'splain; No, there is too much; Let me sum up. ... Buittercup is marrying Humperdinck in little less than half an hour... so all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape, after I kill Count Rugen.

Westley: That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dally.

So away with dilly-dally, let me sum up . . .

I've been knitting
Shocking, I know ... knitting. I had many good ideas for blog fodder, but, alas, I did not blog. Thanks for coming back to check in -- I hope you won't be disappointed.

Well, and doing other things, too. No, not riding the motorcycle, just other things. And these days I'm teaching knitting classes for beginning knitters and project classses at a couple of local shops. I've been knitting on about six projects recently: four projects for classes, one gift poncho in seed stitch, and a partridge in a pear tree (sorry, couldn't resist ... Samson's been singing FIVE GOLD RINGS still).

Anyway, very busy I find myself these days (and watching some Star Wars with Yoda who backwards talks from time-to-time).

So, I need to put in some pictures.

Certainly the Entrelac Lady Eleanor Stole is done and a favorite of many. I am writing a scarf pattern similar to it to accommodate a scarf classs. And then I've been working on some items for my fuuture great-niece or-nephew (due August-ish), which makes it all the fun.

Uhm..... and I've been staying warm, even though all our winters have been warmer than norm.

So now it's to my crunch time at work and I'm recovering from a cold, but just plain ol' enjoying life!!!!!

So how the heck are you?

And to other things since "then"
I have been listenting to some podcasts on my new video iPod. I know. It's a video iPod - I should be WATCHING something. Well, some of the podcasts have pictures with them (thanks hollyspring) and some of them have sponsors with great products (thanks Brenda at Cast-On for letting me know about Dame Candles) and someone suggested their lovely Green Tea which I am enjoying at this moment.

And I've been knitting on

Poncho for friend - like mine - Queeensland's Maldive Cathy Poncho in seed stitch in Red -- yes, just like mine. Apparently my friend is just like us knitters -- once we see the object, we fall into the trance ... "Must Make The Object" in the same color and pattern.

A friend is calling for a road trip and I think it's involving Virginia. One if by land and two if by sea -- I think we'll do this during the summer months after TNNA Market.

I have received the information from TKGA for the Level 1 Handknitters Master program.

I have been putting my hand to a drop spindle in the desire to spin yarn. Not necessarily yarn I will use, I will at least have gone from critter to garment, maybe.

And.... going to the dentist. My teeth don't exactly look like those on the website, but I was in need of some dental-ist attention. Alas, I'm in love with a man-- my dentist.

too much
so I've become like the woman I long to be like ...

Organizing my needles so I can be like Wendy Knits. I now have a a needle organizer like Wendy's because I found I was gathering a number of needles (many on unfinished objects) that I have set aside due to the allure of the sirens of other projects.

Samson Sez:
"I'm fine thanks, how are you?" in a melodic tone much like, uhm, me.

2 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 2:49 PM , Blogger Jenny and Brad said...

whee! an update!

It sounds like you have been keeping busy which does not suprise me. And did I notice a blip about a future grand-neice/nephew?! After my visit Wednesday we may just be able to narrow that down for you!! woohoo!

I am wasting time before a rehearsal, but reading your update has inspired me to update. Maybe Wednesday after the appt.?

Take care and happy knitting!

 
At 4/17/2007 10:56 PM , Blogger Sonya said...

I LOVE The Princess Bride!
Thank you so much for the Tote'm pattern. I picked it up today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home