Thursday, September 01, 2005

Solving the World's Problems

Well, maybe not truly solving the world's problems, but everyone everywhere seems to have solutions. Around the watercooler, in the grocery, at the local diner, everyone's talking about the havoc wrought by Hurricane Katrina. I grew up with a girl named Katrina; hadn't thought much about her until her name was said about every 30 seconds every where I turn. You experiencing that, too? Many people have been touched by the hard news coming out of Louisiana, Mississippi and other coastal states. Any solutions at your end?

One Solution
A couple of knittin' bloggers have an idea. Margene and Susan are asking those who can to donate to the American Red Cross. My favorite blogger, Wendy, alerted her
audience to this solution, so I'm doing the same. Once you donate, e-mail Margene or Susan at givealittle@gmail.com to let them know what you donated so they can keep a tally -- and you might even win a prize! Go to Margene's or Susan's blog to get the specifics. If you'd like to donate a prize to encourage others to give, read their blog entries about how to do that, too. I'm tempted to give lots of $5 donations so maybe I can win Wendy's donation of her recently completed Peacock Feathers Shawl.

Glad I Ride a Motorcycle
At 50 miles to the gallon (or more) the motorcycle is looking better and better as my modus transporti. This is what we woke up to in Kentucky -- how about you?















I hear we can expect to see gas prices go over $4 a gallon. I needed to start exercising, again, more motivation.

Samson Sez:
"Seed Time! Seed Time! Yeay, Seed Time!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home