Monday, October 17, 2005

Happy Birdie To You!

Well, that's sort of what we sang to the birdies yesterday! Samson, and his sister, Annie (who lives with my mom) celebrated the 6th anniversary of their hatching this passed week! My mom made the birdies yummy corn muffins. Both eyed the cupcake-papered muffin with suspicion (having not seen one for about a year!).

I ended up unwrapping Samson's "cake", turning it over and putting banana pieces on top -- mmmm enticing banana!!



My little boy is growing up *sniff*.

Knitting Addiction
Or maybe it's knitting-shop addiction. I was off last Friday and spent a few hours at Close-Knit Cafe. Went there for a visit on Saturday, too. Then, by chance [I'm in denial], I took this afternoon off work. I was just gonna stop in for a bit since tonight was Knit Night and I knew I'd be back around 6:00 p.m. As I was finally leaving at 8:00 p.m., Judy said, "Gee, Heidi, too bad you couldn't stay too long today!" ARGGHHHH, they're on to me!


DPNs?
No, not adult diapers! Although I may be wearing adult diapers by the time I get the hang of using DPNs (Double-Pointed Needles for you not-so-acronymically savvy). I have now restarted my first DPN project, Elegant Gauntlets (Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch, p. 122), six times! And today I was really going well but then found I had purls on top of knits and vice versa. I tried tinking back, but I don't tink think it's going to save my sanity, so I may just frog it back a couple of rows instead of going back to the beginning AGAIN.


Yarn Fast

A new term I learned from Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter. It means to not purchase yarn for a period of time - fasting. I'm trying to do just this. I am on a fast until this Friday.
What?
I get paid on that day?
Really?!
How fortunate the end of my being broke fasting occurs on a pay day!!!


Samson's Wise Words
"It's Grandma!! Hi Grandma! I'm fine thanks. How are you? I'm fine thanks" **kissie noises**

1 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to end up like me. You go into the yarn shop enough, you get a job there. You're already fixing the ticket gun for us.

Give in!

PS - It looks like things are coming along well with the DPNs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home