Monday, October 10, 2005

Sittin' and Knittin'

Knittin'
Notice that I'm not freaking out over the past week. Work went smoothly (boss out 3 days) and a co-worker helped me get a tedious project rolled out. I've actually been knitting and am ready to tell about it!


I mentioned I was working on a scarf in Super 10 Cotton. Here's
a pic (sideways):

Colorway: Carousel -- 40 stitches allow for a river up the middle (on US 9, each color is about 15 stitches wide).

I treated myself (shock!) to an Elizabeth Austen bag from Close-Knit Cafe.



The LYS had its Grand Opening Celebration Friday and Saturday so I spent a while there both days knittin' and talking to customers (there were lots!). Here's a picture of Mylinda and Judy with John Fischer of the Mayor's office.



John presented Judy and Mylinda with a proclamation that "October 7 is Close-Knit Cafe Grand Opening Day". How pleasantly unexpected it was for Judy and Mylinda (w
ho were both worn out from preparation for the event).


Stashin'

Here's some Plymouth Royal Cashmere I got to make a scarf and I'm thinking I will border it in the SRK Pom - both are so soft!!!


I'm planning to start on the Elegant Gauntlets from Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience: The Purl Stitch (Book 2). I have two balls of Koigu KPPPM and size US 3 DPN's in my new bag ready to start!!

Sittin'
Saturday my car ran out of gas as I left it running to stop by church and snap a picture of the volunteers working the "
Tour de Spirit -- Riding to Break the Cycle of Poverty" bike ride (www.urbanspirit.org). I was only going to be a minute -- 40 minutes later I returned to a quiet car. Fortunately there's a service station just a block away and I now own a gas can all my own! The tank is full and my friends and family don't have to worry (for the next two weeks) that they might have to rescue me!


Paintin'
I helped my mom paint her shed yesterday (photo cropped because I know she wouldn't want you to see her painting outfit!!). She'd actually done most of it during the wamer days last week -- I was left with the back which wasn't too bad, really. I learned we were "slathering", not painting. It made the work go much faster.



Samson Sez
"Kramer! (insert whistle for dog) Is that your big dawg? Hi there!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home