Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wet Feet

Somehow I never quite get the "Isolated Thunderstorms" figured out just right. Tonight, for example, I was going to ride my motorcycle over to see my sister. There were a couple of water drops on the bike seat as I prepared her to head out. Alas, the drops multiplied as I headed south and my rain gear was at home. So I guess this one was "isolated" -- south of my house and closer to sis's. Here's evidence of what happened:

(note picture was taken from my perspective, but turned over in hopes of making more sense from your angle??)

(okay, I can't even tell my legs are wet, so I guess you're just gonna have to trust me on that one)

G.'s progress

Until Gauntlet gets a better name, I shall give her (them?) the stylish chic name of "G." At some point last evening I had an impulse to look at the instructions. I was perfectly happy in my mindset that the whole thing was done in K1, P1 ribbing. Alas, checking the instructions I found I
was right where I was supposed to be to change to stockinette knitting for another 5 inches. (whew - dodged that froggin'!)


Fair skies at night...

So how does that rhyme go about fair weather and red skies? Well, here's last night's sky ...


I guess the sailor that was delighting was the one that left port this morning before the rain rolled into town.

Samson's Wordz
"Where's Samson!!?"

1 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh... Pretty! now both of us are gaining facility at using four stick at the same time! The only differce is that my sticks are wrapped with yarn and yours are... The only difference is mine make songs and yours make socks. Or leg warmers. Or sleeves? What is your lovely gauntlet going to become when it grows up? For the record, I vote for "Gigi" as alternate name of the Gauntlet. I don't know why. I just do.

Have a lovely day!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home