Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"Houston, We Have a Gauntlet"

Indeed! We have the first of two Elegant Gauntlets, from now on to be called Gigi (Thanks, Jen!) I had a good long time of sitting in the past couple of days and was able to knock it out with little problem.

Hands down, I think it's a hit!!



I was excited to get the thumb done, too. I think I'll have to get some shorter DPNs, though, those 6" DPNs were running into everything!!


I decided to check the web to see if there were any corrections I wasn't aware of -- alas, none for these beauties, but I did find some to print out for some
other books I have.

Plymouth Rocks!
Saturday I took a class at my LYS for the Ladies Sampler Scarf from Plymouth Yarn Co. I know the stitches, really, but there are a couple of cables in there. Since I never really got rolling with the Inishmore back in May, I enjoyed trying cables again with a teacher close at hand. The beautiful Baby Alpaca D.K. and the pattern were
included with the class. I cast on and started the first "sampler" that day!



'Round and 'Round on the Carousel

I finished the scarf with Super 10 Cotton in the Carousel colorway. I finally decided on an edging for it to try to help the stockinette not roll in so much. After three other edging attempts, I settled on Crystal Palace's Squiggle (a favorite from last autumn's scarf-a-thon) and a nice red. I think I will block it to make it lay nice and flat, then I'll give it to the lovely lady at church who first admir
ed the yarn as I began knitting it up.


It's Beginning to Look ... a lot like AUTUMN



Samson's Wordz
"Happy Birthday TOOO YOUUUUU! Quack, quack here."

3 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 11:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent knitting, as usual, and Samsone is one smart bird!

 
At 11/04/2005 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's happened! I was at Jo-Ann fabrics minding my OWN business and a bunch of yarn jumped into my basket! Right off the shelf! I tried to throw them out, but they followed me to the check out and forced me to buy them. And to sign up for Jo-Ann coupons. And to update my knitting needle collection. And buy a Reese's cup. Evil, evil yarn.

I'll post pictures on my blog after the weekend - knitting, camping and engagement pictures (hopefully)!

 
At 11/04/2005 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - Gigi is lovely! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home