Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm "Dying" To Show You !!

While I've not been blogging as much recently, I've been busy doing other things (forgiven?). Dying with Kool-Aid caught my attention so I had to give it a try. Using Tahki Donegal Tweed Homespun 100% Wool and four different packets of Kool-Aid, I began with microwaving the colors in: (a bit blurry, it's not your eyes, and the pan is cranberry color [how fitting?!])


Became these beautiful colors after drying overnight. Yarn with a fruity smell adds a whole new level to enjoying knitting!! Top is Ice Blue Berry Lemonade followed, in clockwise order, by Grape, then Orange, and, finally, Lemonade. It was a fun first try, and now I think the rest of the 3.5 oz. skein is going to be done in Lemon-Lime, Berry Blue, and Black Cherry. I loved the color samples shown on knitty.com


Looking Up - At Night


Knitting?
The knitting continues, but I already donated the hat knitted with Baby Alpaca Grande -- it was so soft!! I'm working on a scarf for Purl, the Close-Knit Cafe mascot. It's in what might be considered the shop's colors: purple and gold.

Chores
I have been busy with housework, since I took the day off from work. When I was doing laundry, Samson decided he needed to help. For some reason he's particularly drawn to the "red load" -- could it be his love of red (afterall his tail is certainly a lovely red!!).



Pomegranete's are in season through December and Samson is so very happy. He's been having a little trouble transitioning from saying "papaya" to "pomegranate".

Samson Sez

"Pa-pomegranate?"

(sorry for the blur - Samson hates to pose!)

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2008 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your baby! What a sweetie!, Nice to find another bird person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home